https://www.nickrobinson.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Dealing-with-Difficult-Team-Leaders.jpg 1717 1202 Nick https://www.nickrobinson.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/NR-Web-Logo-trans-3.png Nick2016-06-06 13:44:272019-12-23 15:25:14Flowchart for Dealing with Difficult Team Leaders
The 5 questions and 3 outcomes for when a leader in your business is behaving negatively, derailing things or upsetting people
Please click the image above to open and download a copy of the flowchart.
1. Symptoms of a difficult team leader include:
- Excessive and disruptive micro-managing;
- Blaming people and processes outside of their team for failures;
- Intimidating their own “weaker” team members;
- Criticising any initiatives that originated outside their team or are outside their control.
The Five Questions you must ask in this situation:
- Has their boss told them that this is unacceptable?
- Have their team members had sufficient training & development?
- Are they being expected to achieve something which is at odds with the company culture?
- Can they be given significantly more autonomy over selecting, developing & organising their team?
- Have they had some good-quality, in-depth behavioural coaching over a substantial period?
The Three Outcomes you should plan for:
- They change their behaviour
- You change the organisation
- You ask them to leave