Deciding what to do when someone persistently doesn’t deliver at work can actually be really difficult!
- We start wondering if it’s something wrong with our own management or leadership style;
- It’s hard to tell if we’re being too soft and laid-back, or the opposite – if our annoyance and frustration is leaking out too strongly;
- It’s exhausting!
- And if you ask Human Resources about the company’s “Performance Management Process”, it begins to feel like you’ve already failed somewhere (and you worry that HR might think so too).
A short programme of one-to-one or team coaching can help get over that by:
- Creating a safe space for individuals to express, and then start moving beyond, any frustrations;
- Discovering whether the problem is:
- An interpersonal one – some people are simply not getting on;
- Structural – there kamagra 24 are processes that don’t function properly, or conflicting requirements that block progress;
- Competence-based – there are skills, abilities or techniques that need to be acquired; or
- Confidence-based – self-belief, motivation or self-limiting habits might be getting in the way.
- Developing more effective (and fulfilling) ways of approaching things all round.
If you’d like to know more about this approach, have someone else who is (or are yourself) in this kind of situation at work, please click here to get in touch.