http://www.nickrobinson.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/123uhdqw78.jpg 697 1000 Nick http://www.nickrobinson.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/NR-Web-Logo-trans-3.png Nick2016-07-11 07:30:312017-11-01 09:43:46Coherent Teams
12 questions to answer when one important member of your team is not adapting to change or isn’t wholeheartedly on board
- Have you told them directly about what seems to be going on?
- Are they perhaps acting as the “unconscious voice of the system” – either as a safety valve that shows there is pressure in your organisation, or a warning signal that you’ve missed something significant?
- Is it really just them or, if you pay careful attention, are others also doing this?
- Is this a behavioural pattern for them that also occurs in other places and situations?
- Do you really need them to be any different?
- If the answer to 5 is “Yes”, have you actually asked them to change?
- If they were to change, what’s in it for them?
- What strengths and positive personal qualities do they have that they might apply in this situation (but aren’t currently applying)?
- What might they be afraid of (consciously or unconsciously), that is keeping them out of sync with your team?
- Can you adjust the circumstances in some way to better accommodate their preferred ways of doing things?
- Have you discussed this, in a ‘safe’ way, with the whole team present?
- What other support have you offered them to help adapt and/or get fully onboard?